I was nominated by Amy at The Little Booknerds in the Corner (is that not a great name lol) to get the Sunshine Blogger Award. It’s been an age since I’ve done one of these. Thanks for the nomination, Amy!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog
2.Answer the questions
3. Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
4. List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
Here are my answers…
1. Do you prefer to read Kindle or physical books?
I prefer Kindle. I love physical books, but I read a lot on the go, or in bed. I love having a hundred book in my bag at any given time.
2. Have you tried audiobooks? If you have, what do you think of them?
I’m not a big audiobook fan. I have trouble paying attention. However, I recently heard two audiobooks that were amazing! Tales of Earthsea and The Tombs of Atuan. I LOVED them.
3. Who’s a blogger you most aspire to? and why.
That’s a hard question. I really like The Captain’s Quarters because she’s so clever and we seem to read so many of the same books. I also like Death By Tsundoku, her reviews are clear and interesting and she reads a lot of diverse books.
4. Can you listen to music while reading? If you can what music do you mostly listen to?
I can, but I usually stop noticing the music while I’m reading. I do associate music with books very frequently, that’s one reason why I add a song to the end of my reviews. Something always strikes me while I’m reading a book, some similarity in feel or lyric.
5. If you could give the first half of 2018 a rating, what would you give it?
Oh Jesus. I don’t even want to go there.
6. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Free books? LOL I am going to admit that is the reason why I first started and it continues to be a big reason why I continue. I LOVE getting a book I’ve been dying to read ahead of time. I don’t fool myself that anyone actually cares what I think about the book, but I love having a chance to express my love/hate of a book I’ve read.
7. Have you been to any conventions?
I would really love to go to a book convention. We have one here in Los Angeles, but it seems pretty lackluster and every time I make plans to go something comes up.
8. If you could give your past self-advice about blogging what would you tell yourself?
Just relax, do your own thing and don’t worry about anything. It’s ok to be a smallish blogger. As long as you’re having fun it’s all good.
9. What time of the day do you normally read the most?
Evening right before going to sleep. All other times are spent on work or kids.
10. How do you plan out your next blog post out?
Primarily by ARC release date. At first I just put my review out whenever I felt like it, which usually meant a couple of months before release. Now I try to schedule them for the week before release. I don’t know if it makes a difference, but I have been getting more approvals on Netgalley from my favorite publisher so maybe it’s working.
11. How many completed posts does it take for you to say its a ‘good blogging day’?
Just one. lol
Oh boy … now the hard part. Making up questions…
1. Tell us the story behind the name of your book blog.
2. How long have you been blogging?
3. If you were to give one tip to new bloggers what would it be?
4. What is a blog post you’re written that you are especially proud of?
5. Do you share your blog on any other social media sites? Please share info so we can follow if you like.
6. What is the thing you love most about blogging?
7. What do you dislike about blogging?
8. What are your top 5 books of all time?
9. Are there any other bloggers you’d like to give a shout-out to?
10. Do you make your own graphics or get them from other places? Please share any favorite resources if you like.
11. Can you judge a book by it’s cover? 😉
I’m loathe to nominate many people for this. I always feel like I’m going to nominate someone who is just going to feel annoyed. If you’re on my friends list, if you follow me, you’re nominated. I would genuinely like to hear all of your answers to these questions. I just don’t want to put you on the spot!
Thanks again, Amy. This was fun!!