I got tagged again! Lois and David at Lois Reads Books Blog have been kind enough to nominate me for this questionnaire and I’m eager to begin. Maybe it can get me away from the news storm that is Twitter for a little while! Please visit their blog by the way. They are really a neat literary couple!
1) Answer the questions below
2) Credit the creator Jamie @ A Little Slice of Jamie
3) Tag at least 5 people
4) Have fun!
1) Where do you typical write your blog posts?
I usually write them at work. When I’m done with my work for the day of course!!! ha
2) How long does it generally take you to write a book review?
I would say probably about 45 minutes. But I’ve spent some time beforehand thinking about my approach to the review.
3) When did you start your book blog?
I started in April of 2016, so not quite a year yet. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to keep with it. But it’s turned out to be a lot of fun.
4) What is the worst thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
The worst thing is my unhappiness with my own poor writing skills. I’m terrible with grammar and punctuation. I also don’t like my style much. I feel that I could say things in a much simpler way and probably create more interesting posts, but, I’m addicted to big words. I’m working on it!
5) What is the best thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
The absolute best thing is being able to talk with other people about books! There are no local bookclub’s near me. I also don’t have any friends who like reading, so without the blog-o-sphere I’d be at a loss for conversations about the things I like most.
6) What blog post have you had the most fun writing so far?
I really had fun during Banned Books Week. I took five days and each day I highlighted a book that had been banned. It was pretty eye opening to me, and created a lot of conversation.
7) What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
I like book reviews, but sometimes they can be challenging. So my next favorite would be Top 5 Wednesday posts. It can be fun to find 5 books that fit the theme for the week.
8) When do you typical write?
The last hour at work. When all my work is done and I have some quiet to spend time on my blog. So … late in the afternoon.
9) Do you review every book you read?
No. I usually just review the books that I receive ARC’s for. Books that I read for fun, I don’t really feel compelled to labor over. Once in a while I will do it, but it seems like the books I love most are the hardest to articulate my feelings for.
10) How do you write your book reviews? With a cup of coffee or tea? With Netflix? Cuddled with your fur baby?
I’m usually listening to Spotify (I like indie music best). I prefer a huge cup of iced tea with extra ice!
11) When do you write your book reviews? Right after finishing the book? Two weeks after finishing the book?
I try to write a review within a week after finishing. Any longer and I start losing my grasp on the book, especially since by then I’ve already started my next book.
12. How often do you post?
Not as often as I should. I never post on weekends, because that time is dedicated to my kids. So I try to at least get a couple of posts in each week. Lately, I’ve not posted as much because the whole political climate in the US has thrown me for a loop and I’ve been distracted. I fully intend to get right back on it. Maybe I can combine the two by posting about books that reflect what’s going on here right now. Margaret Atwood and George Orwell … you’re up!
Another fun tag from fun friend on a fun blog. If any of you are interested, please answer the questions! I’d love to hear about your life as a blogger.
See you later!