I stole this. I know, I know, stealing is bad. But I really wanted it!
Five random facts about me:
- I’m a grown up. It seems like most book bloggers are college students, but I’m in my 40’s. So that’s a little weird I guess.
- I have two kids that I adopted. It was crazy adjusting to having two kids as a single mom, but I wouldn’t change it for anything.
- I love video games, anime and fantasy book and movies. I guess I never grew out of it.
- I like to bake, but not to cook. I don’t mind washing dishes, but I hate washing utensils.
- I’m going through so many major life changes right now I hardly know which way is up, but book blogging remains a constant, enjoyable space for me. It’s a good way for me to relax and be myself.
When is your birthday?
My birthday is July 5th. I just missed the holiday!
What is your favourite colour?
It used to be blue, but now it’s dark green.
What is your favourite memory?
That’s a hard one. There are so many! When I was 15 and in high school I was cast as Maria in West Side Story. I totally rocked the last performance for 1,000 people and the applause when I took my bow was ridiculous! It was pretty awesome.
Describe a day in your life.
I wake up at 6:00 am. Get the kids up, eat a very quick breakfast and am out the door. From there I drive about an hour and a half (thanks Los Angeles traffic) to work. I am an office manager at a small chemical company. Have lunch at 12. Leave work at 4:30 and get home around 5:45. Spend the rest of the time with the family. In bed by 9 pm. Yeah, I’m old. lol
Name 5 of your favourite songs.
These change so frequently, these are my favorites right now…
- Manchester by Kishi Bashi
- Level up by Vienna Teng
- Steady by The Staves
- Gamble for a Rose by King Charles
- Brandenburg Stomp by Kishi Bashi
If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
French fries. French fries are my nemesis.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
Somewhere there are seasons. I’ve always lived in Southern California, which is lovely and temperate and a little boring.
Name 5 of your favourite films.
- Star Wars: A New Hope
- The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
- Now, Voyager
If you won the lottery, what would you buy?
First, I would buy my own house, and then a couple more houses for family members. A nice house, not really fancy. Some reliable cars, and then put money aside for the kids college. I don’t think things would change much, only be much more comfortable. Although, I probably would splurge on a really good trip somewhere fun! London would be perfect, and I want to see Haworth Parsonage where the Brontes lived.
Favourite day of the week.
Sunday. I usually rest that day.
What three things would you take to a desert island?
A generator, a barbeque and a small refrigerator.
Sweet or savoury?
Savoury. Salty, actually.
Early bird or night owl?
Early bird, I crash really early at night. But I think that’s from habit.
Name 5 of your favourite books.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens
- David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
I really love plain, unsweetened iced tea. Especially peach iced tea!
Horses were always my favorite. But since I can’t have a horse, I’d say dogs. They are so loving.