I’ve been nominated! Thank you so much Lois Reads Books! She’s a new blogger so everyone please visit her site, friend and comment!
Here are the rules for the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
One down and 4 to go.
I started this blog over on Blogger.com but I just couldn’t get into it. I didn’t like the tools for setting up my page and I felt unhappy with the way it looked, it was hard to feel inspired, my blog was nothing to get excited about. Then I got on Twitter and started following some book bloggers. I heard about WordPress and about getting ARC’s at the same time. Oh holy cow! That got me rolling. Free books! Pretty new tools! Access to so many other blogs! This is wonderful. I started with my new blog in April 2016.
Two pieces of advice to new bloggers?
- Get on Twitter! Twitter has been so much fun. Not only can you interact with other bloggers, but also with authors. Be sure to include their twitter handles when you post a review on their book. It’s so much fun to interact with them and let them know how much you enjoyed their book.
- Comment. One of the nicest things about book blogging is the community, so be sure to read other peoples blogs, follow them, and comment on their reviews, memes, and articles.
Thanks again to Lois Reads Books. She’s a newer blogger and a real sweetheart. Please visit her blog guys!
I don’t generally make nominations, because so many on my friends list have been blogging for so long that I’m sure they’ve already received this award so many times before.
However, if any of you feel like you would like to answer these questions, I would really love to read your answers. It’s so nice to hear about how people started writing!